Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Well Forked?

Is that or is that not well-forked?!  Couldn't resist that...!  After eating my "fluffy" breakfast pancakes earlier, I weeded where my first earlies are going to go, sprinkled fertliser and forked it in lightly.  The soil in my garden is fantastic, all rich and dark and luscious, and when I'd forked it and broken all the clods up it went all fluffy and delicious (indeed, fluffier than the pancakes).  I was as happy as anything, working with the soil out in the sun and the wind, the blood of hundreds of years of Lincolnshire peasants singing in my veins...wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning! 

Then it hailed, and we went out for lunch, and I passed a very lazy Sunday afternoon with a blanket, a book and the cat.





I felt very lucky that I live a priviledged life in the 21st century western world - we should never, ever take what we think of as the basics - shelter, warmth and food - for granted.  Millions don't have them and we should always remember that.

1 comment:

  1. A perfect Sunday morning indeed, and a gorgeous closing paragraph. Lovely and thought-provoking xxx

    ReplyDelete