Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

I've Got A 125 Litre Bag of Compost...

...and I'm going to use it!

I have had another busy day today.  After I finished gravelling the front garden, I established a potting station (whereabouts decided by the aforementioned bag of compost, which I can't move!).


I potted on the courgettes that remained in the fibre pots, to pass on to Mum and Dad...


...potted on the sweet peas...


...and potted on the cauliflowers, some of which will stay in our garden and some of which will go to Mum and Dad. 


The coldframe is stuffed with growing plants now - I am so glad Alastair made it for me. 


  Then I sowed some melon seeds... 


...and some tomato seeds.  They went inside to germinate.

,
Then I planted some dahlia bulbs in my recently vacated big terracotta pot. 


I've never planted dahlia bulbs before - they looked sinister!


I covered them up, sharpish, and gave them a good drink (best to keep them happy).


2 comments:

  1. You're a Gardening Goddess, my friend! Your outdoors is going to be so gorgeous! Laughed my head off about the dahlia bulbs - you're quite right; they are sinister in appearance! Happy Easter and much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I'm keeping a close eye on the dahlia bulbs for untoward activity, nothing yet but goodness knows what they get up to on a night when the world is safely tucked up in bed...! xxx

    ReplyDelete