Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

A Night of Wine and Cooking

I love Friday nights.  And not just because it's wine-and-nuts-night.  It's because it's the start of two whole days of pottering, and you can leave the washing-up 'til the next morning, and you don't have to do all those little jobs you normally do before you go to bed, that remind you that it's work in the morning.  It's a night for playing, or relaxing, or slumping in front of the telly in your 'jamas, or in some instances a combination of all three.  Last night we had a big cooking session.

We started by opening the wine and the nuts (supervised by Delia).


Then I made a delicious risotto.


The risotto was eaten, and more wine was drunk.



Alastair whipped up a batch of oatcakes and made some rather stunning bread by hand...


...and, rather the worse for wear (certainly in my case, I'm not sure about Alastair) we reprised our sticky slices recipe


I love Friday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment