Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

Weight Watchers: the Fourth Week

Incredible as it may seem, given my recent Epicurean adventures, I lost 1lb this week!  10st 5lbs, BMI 24.8, body fat percentage 35.75%, which is still really high, but down from 36%.  I am very pleased with myself!  I rewarded myself by troughing half-a-pound of luscious, dark crimson cherries from the Indoor Market...delicious!


So how did I do it?  Well, this might not work every time, but I did do one or two things which I think helped me to stay on the Weight Watchers straight and narrow this week.  The first one was 0% fat Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit for breakfast.  Delicious, satisfying and filling.  I've had it for breakfast every day for the past six days (I think I'm a bit obsessed).  The second one was sneaking in some exercise.  I took my trainers and gym kit away with me and did half-an-hour walking/jogging one morning.  The third one was eating veggie when out.  Given that you never know where the meat you're eating has been, that's maybe not a bad thing on more than one level.  The final thing was the penitential curry.  I cooked a massive vegetable, chick-pea and chicken curry (otherwise known as a hunt-the-chicken curry; I used one chicken breast and stretched it over four meals) on Monday evening and ate it on Tuesday, Wednesday and tonight as well.  I've eaten very lightly at lunchtime too, and filled up with loads of fresh veggies.  Surprisingly I haven't been too hungry.

I'm off for another long weekend tomorrow, this time in Dorset, and I shall be enjoying lots of hearty full English breakfasts and pub meals, so my goal is to stay the same weight for next week - to be honest I wouldn't be massively bothered if I put on a pound, but we'll see. 

4 comments:

  1. Well done you! I wish I had as much self control. Can't wait to read of your adventures this weekend! XxshellxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, lovely comments, thank you! How are you? Are you well? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done from me too my darling! And those cherries look delicious!! Hope you have a wonderful time in Dorset (Dorrrseeet - am trying to portray the regional accent there hehe!) and really hope to see you soon after you get back. Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a gorgeous weekend darling! Lovely photo and well done on your weight loss - you continue to be my inspiration! Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete