Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Clematis Montana Gets a Short Back and Sides

Poor clematis montana.  He has just been drastically pruned.



I hate pruning my clematis montana - cutting off all that lovely vigorous growth is horrible.  My dream garden will have a wooden pergola in it, over which a clematis montana will rampage unchecked, but back in Littletown we occasionally need to open the front door. 


I'm tired today after partying wildly until 5pm yesterday, celebrating Dorothy's 90th birthday.  Mum and Dad really did Dorothy proud and we had a lovely time, but we drove down and back in a day (thanks Alastair!) and it had been a hard week before that.  So, I've just done one or two garden jobs that couldn't be put off any longer, some housework (ugh) and a lot of pottering.  As well as dealing with clematis montana I just planted some salvia and nicotiana that I'd grown from seed in the flower border - unpictured because my flower border is manky and weed-filled and I can't be bothered to deal with it today.

I also admired my colour-magic geraniums which I'd grown from seed, although I do have to say I feel slightly disappointed they are a) miniature and b) not colour-magic so are not doing what it said on the tin!  I shall be observing them closely for colour-changes!




Finally I spent some time playing with photographing a vase of sweet peas.



I love the white ones with the purple striations and edges - so subtle, so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment