Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Weight Watchers: the Second Week

It's felt quite easy this week.  So easy that I thought I hadn't lost any weight.  So, I was pretty chuffed when I found that I'd lost 3lbs!

We went for a walk on Saturday, and I am pleased to say that I got the amount of food exactly right.  It's quite a strange experience when you're used to over-eating a bit to eat something when you're hungry, and then after a certain period of time you feel hungry again, and that's how long that food "lasts".  I liked it - it made me feel like a battery!  For the record, we did about six miles of strolling, and about six miles of SERIOUS hill-walking. 


We walked up Winder Fell almost to The Calf, but turned off and ended up at the top of Cautley Spout.



We scabbled our way down (or I did, Alastair is a bit more sure-footed than I am!) and then it was just a quick stoll past The Cross Keys to where the car was parked.

Throughout the day I ate: a BIG breakfast.  Muesli, crumpets with low fat spread and jam, melon and blueberries (I have been having a slight obsession with melon over the past couple of weeks, I've eaten tons of the stuff).  Pre-lunch snack was half a bag of almonds (about 25g).  Lunch was an egg and tomato sandwich, an Alpen bar (top walking snack!) and an apple.  Post-lunch/pre-dinner snacks (fuelling the hard part of the walk!) were another Alpen bar, another hard-boiled egg, the remainder of the almonds (another 25g) and a banana.  Dinner was home-made bolognaise sauce with two slices of bread instead of pasta - I was too hungry to wait for the pasta to cook! - with raw spinach leaves eaten as a salad and a Weight Watchers chocolate biscuit bar (processed, strange and wrong I know, but sometimes you just need a little sweet snack!). 

Since starting Weight Watchers I have been making an effort to try new recipes.  This week I made Mediterranean Baked Cod which was cod loin topped with tomato puree, olives and lemon zest, wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with parsley and served on a bed of tomatoes and onions.  It was a very nice recipe, and looked lovely both before it went in the oven...

 .
..and after it came out.


Sadly, it just proved what I know really, but keep pretending I don't because it's so good for me, which is that white fish really doesn't agree with me (unless it's battered and served with chips and mushy peas.  Then it agrees with me).  However, the ensuing dodgy tummy meant that I only felt like fruit for breakfast this morning, which meant that I could splurge on a cupcake at the new cupcake cafe in Durham at lunchtime when I met the lovely F B. for coffee.



I've forgotten its name and it inexplicably doesn't seem to have a website, but it was very good.  It's on the Bailey up from Georgian Window and is called Coffee and Cupcakes if you're in Durham.  You can't miss it, it's very pink.  

Anyway, seeing as I don't want to eat the left-over Mediterranean Cod Alastair can hoover it up when he finishes the long bike ride that he's enjoying today - I'm off to eat an Amy's Kitchen Light & Lean Black Bean and Cheese Enchilada.  For some reason I've been wanting to try one ever since I first saw them in the veggie section of Tesco and I took the opportunity of not having anything in except the cod tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment