Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Weight Watchers: the First Week

I lost two pounds!  10st 9lbs when I weighed myself this lunchtime.  I am very chuffed.  I celebrated in the only way possible...coffee and a chocolate cupcake!


Photo from here.

My cupcake looked like the ones with the flowers on but was, if possible, even more highly decorated as it had toffee and chocolate chips and edible glitter on it as well.  It was so sinful that I left half of it...just to prove that I could!

So how was my first week?  On the whole, it was good.  I was hungry, but not unmanageably so.  My first week even included a meal out at Pizza Express, where I was stunned to find that a Pizza Romano La Reine was only 9 points (I have 26 per day, and 49 extra per week for treats).  Pizza aside, I ate an incredible amount of fruit and veg and hardly any processed food, and cycled into work every day. 


Even if I hadn't lost weight I think it would still have been worth it, as I have felt noticeably better in myself due to eating so healthily and exercising.  Tracking what I ate was easy, although the fact that some points values have changed since I last did Weight Watchers took a couple of days to get used to.  All of the tools the on-line package offers are simply fantastic - my favourite so far is the Recipe Builder.  You simply key in all the ingredients - it knows literally thousands of different foods, both raw ingredients and things that you buy in the supermarket (like specific breakfast cereals for example) - and it works out the points value of one serving of the recipe.  There are also hundreds of recipes available.  I've scanned through them and ear-marked a couple to try next week.  The whole thing has been absolutely ideal for someone like me who's seriously addicted to being on the computer.  All I have to do now is stick to it...eek!

1 comment:

  1. Well done my darling! Brilliant. And that cupcake looks gorgeous :D xxx

    ReplyDelete