Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Weight Watchers: the Fifth Week

I am posting this late and picture-less as I've got so many photos on my blog that I've reached the end of my free space as allocated by Picasa, and I'm not quite sure how to procure more...off to try and work it out once I've posted!

I weighed in at 10st 7lbs on Thursday.  Given the fact that I couldn't have eaten foods more guaranteed to make me put on weight while in Dorset if I'd sat down, written a list and systematically worked my way through it (in the interests of full disclosure: pizza, a full English breakfast, a cream tea, pancakes with maple syrup, fish and chips, chocolate, Dorset apple cake, bangers and mash, apple and blackcurrant crumble with custard and crackers, cheese and wine) I thought myself lucky that I'd only gained 2lbs!

However, I had a day of detoxing after my epic weekend of eating, where I ate literally nothing but fruit and veg.

For two days after that I ate mainly fruit and veg with a little 0% fat Greek yoghurt, a hard-boiled egg and a little bit of grilled chicken.  Unsurprisingly after my four-day feast, I didn't get too hungry!  By Thursday evening certain - shall we say - natural processes had taken place and I had a feeling by Friday lunchtime that I was a bit lighter.  So I sneakily weighed myself again and I was 10st 5lbs!  Which just goes to prove a) that your weight can fluctuate as much as 2lbs in a day and b) if you have a few days of eating very lightly after a blow-out you can reverse the effects.  Instead of doing what I normally do and thinking that I might as well give up and carry on over-eating!

So anyway, I've gone down on record as 10st 7lbs, and I'm going to concentrate on eating my 26 points a day next week.  I've actually been eating well under for the past couple of weeks on the days when I've not been away, and I don't want to get my body too used to very little food as that's not good for sustained, sensible weight-loss.  I'm hoping that I'm going to be either 10st 6lbs or 10st 5lbs next week - slow and steady is the way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment