Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Liz's Home and Garden Blog Goes to Dorset

I'm back!  And fully photo-enabled!  I'm very relieved - I've felt like I was missing a limb not being able to blog! 

I've been desparate to tell you about the absolutely brilliant long weekend I had in Dorset with Jules. 


We stayed in a funky hotel with a sea view...


...and were lucky enough to have one fantastically sunny day for walking and swimming in the sea.

We had amazing views...


...we swam in the bay...


...we walked...




...but we were never far from a pub!


We even swam again in the evening when the sun had gone in (at a different beach).


We looked round pretty Dorset villages...





...and patronised the local pubs!



Finally we pottered aound Portland Castle and experienced some rather more typical English weather on Chessil Beach!


And as for my weekend in food, if last weekend was a celebration of Mediterranean cuisine, this weekend was a celebration of good, honest, British food.  We had a stunningly good full English breakfast cooked by Jules' mum (well, technically it wasn't full, it was bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast and jam, but it was full in spirit), we had a cream tea with Dorset clotted cream, we had beautiful fish and chips - succulent flaky cod and fluffy, sinfully tasty, chips, served with mushy peas - we had Dorset apple cake, we had Dorset rare-breed pork bangers and mash, and we had apple and blackcurrant crumble and custard (the last day was cold!).  It was all absolutely delicious and I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I read total Post. It’s really nice. Thank you for sharing.........

    Hardwood floor installation Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete