Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Weight Watchers: the Seventh Week

10st 2lbs on Thursday!  Which I was pleased by as it's been a hungry week.  I have now lost 5% of my body weight and got another little bouncing star on my on-line weight tracker, which was received with due excitement.  I celebrated with a superb lunch at La Tasca - I had the Super Foods Salad, which consisted - I quote - of bulgar wheat, red quinoa and lentils, with avocado and rustica tomatoes, marinated in infused lemon oil.  I pushed the boat out and shared a portion of million calorie - and worth every one! - chorizo with my dining companion to add a bit of oomph to my salad, and it was absolutely out of this world.  Along with a green salad for added leafage it was a truly splendid meal.  And then I went to the cupcake cafe and had coffee and a double chocolate cupcake!  

As you may guess from the above I have reached that point where the novelty has worn off a bit and I'm struggling a bit to stay on the wagon.  A failed experiement with an all-protein breakfast before a 12-mile walk at the weekend tipped me over the edge and I went "off-plan" on Saturday evening to the tune of a rather delicious pesto breadstick I found in Hexham Tesco -I have, perhaps fortunately, never seen them in our Tesco - followed by spaghettti bolognaise and by treacle pudding and custard! 


Photo is from here.

Back on the straight and narrow today though, and hoping to stay the same when I next weigh in - hoping for anything else might be pushing my luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment