Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

Rain. And Wholesale Slug Carnage!

It's been a horrible, grey, rainy day today, so I've not been able to get out into the garden, much to my frustration.  It just stopped raining for about half-an-hour so I went for a little walk around the back garden.  The first raindrops had started to fall again when I retreated inside and took this photo.


Can you see the cat sitting on Yvonne's shed roof?!  He's not there now - it's absolutely persisting it down, and it's gone so dark that I've put the light on.

However, from my brief walk around, I am pleased to report that:

The slug traps work!


You can't really see in this picture, but this trap is full of dead slugs.  We actually watched one slug trundle his way towards the fatal pot and then fall in last night.  I feel like a murderer (but very relieved for my cauliflowers).

My big purple clematis has flowered!




My aquilegia have been joined by another variety.  There are aquilegia growing wild in the field behind our garden, and they are gorgeous.  Huge and beautiful.  One of them has snuck into my flower border.


It's about six inches taller than all the others, and the most amazing dark purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment