Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

Happy Birthday Fi!

I'm back!  I haven't baked for weeks because I've had/been recovering from a stomach bug, and I've really missed it.  As luck would have it, one of my favourite people in the whole world, the lovely Fi, had a birthday this week.  I made afternoon tea to celebrate.

 
We had little egg mayonnaise sandwiches with the crusts cut off, and savoury scones with cream cheese and smoked salmon.


We had fondant fancies (which I'm going to make again, and I will give them their own post as they're fun to make and a good party piece).


We had carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  The icing went a bit wierd because I didn't beat the butter enough - the blobs are bits of butter.  Fi thought it was special textured icing though so that was okay - or she said she did.  Maybe she was just being polite!


We also had beautiful flowers.




Happy birthday darling Fi!

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU *so* much again my darling; the food was absolutely delicious and I had a wonderful time. It really was so kind of you and it's really lovely to see the photos. Love you loads and loads and loads xxxxxxx ps still can't believe I wore my heels just to the car and back!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. pps I really did think it was textured icing!! :-D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO MUCH wish I could have joined you both! xxx

    ReplyDelete