Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Back Garden Update

It's almost sunny today!  Rain and greyness first thing, but a bit of blue sky and sunshine now.  I took the opportunity to do a back garden update.  Clockwise from nearest the back door we have sweet peas, peas, broad beans, rocket, shallots, cauliflowers, the flower border, potatoes, tomatoes and cougettes.

The sweet peas are getting quite big now.


The real peas have come through!  I'm so pleased.  When they first appeared they were really sweet little furled-up shoots.  Now they're opening up a bit.  You can also see one of last year's potatoes has sent a shoot up!


The broad beans are things of splendour - I can't believe how big they've grown.


The rocket is still weeny.


The shallots are looking good, but the cauliflowers seem to be mainly functionning as slug snacks (in spite of the myriad drowned slugs in the beer traps).


The flower border is starting to look pretty (even if the temperamental possible-Philadephus is totally out of control and in dire need of pruning.


My big clematis is flowering beautifully.  Its brother, to the right, hasn't really recovered from my attempts at pruning earlier this year.


The geraniums that I divided earlier this year are also doing well.


Weigela is splendid.


The lupins have got a bit battered by the rain and wind.


And I have tomatoes and courgettes in my new bed!  Alastair planted them out for me while I was incapacitated last week.  They've been suffering at the hands of the rain and wind too.

No comments:

Post a Comment