Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Cod in Tomato and Chorizo Sauce

My Cod in Tomato and Chorizo Sauce Recipe
I'm not particularly fond of white fish (unless it's battered and served with chips and mushy peas), so this recipe was an attempt to make it a bit more exciting. 

I buttered a shallow ceramic baking dish, and placed two cod fillets in it.  The recipe said to steam or grill the cod and serve it with the sauce on top, however I thought it would be much tastier baked (also, the electrics short-circuit every time you switch the grill off so we don't grill much in our house).  Then I chopped up a couple of quite thick chorizo slices into little squares and fried them in a little bit of olive oil.  All the delicious red oily juices came out of the chorizo and coloured the olive oil, yum. 

I then added some baby plum tomatoes cut half and set them to fry on a low heat with the chorizo and oil.  I then discovered that I didn't have a tin of chopped tomatoes, which the recipe asked for, so I chucked the remaining baby plum tomatoes into the pan with a bit of herby salt (made by my Dad out of French sea-salt and herbs he's grown and dried himself, and the most delicious thing in the entire universe) and a bit of pepper and a pinch of chilli powder, put the lid on and let them turn into a delicious squishy mush.

Then I poured the mush onto the cod fillets, stuck it in the oven, and crossed my fingers! 



Fortunately, it was delicious.  Have you seen the size of that portion of mashed carrot and potato?  I shouldn't cook when I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment