Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

Winter

In the past, I've struggled with the Winter.  I've hated the cold, loathed the dark and generally been exhausted and miserable by Christmas (though Christmas holidays, lovely food and family time have always cheered me up).  However, the older I get, the more I love and appreciate each season as it comes round, and this year, thanks to huge amounts of time spent in front on my light-box (they work) I am absolutely loving the Winter. 

Things to love about Winter: bright frosty mornings, the brilliance of the moon and stars on frosty nights, the exhilaration of breathing in cold, frosty air, quiet twilights, long cosy nights.  The lyrical beauty of a Winter sunrise, the feeling that nature has shut down and is biding its time, waiting for the Spring.  A period of stoic endurance, quiet reflection and hard-won pleasures.





No comments:

Post a Comment