Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Weight Watchers: the Twenty-first Week

It has not been a good Weight Watching week this week.  First there was the wedding last Friday, which involved many canapes and much mulled wine, a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings followed by sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream (!) accompanied by more wine and followed by brandy.  Then I stuffed my face with edible Christmas presents on Sunday (other peoples' presents - I did leave some for the intended recipients!).  Then there was the Estonian cake on Wednesday - we have quite a multi-cultural office, and we have been learning about each others' cultures through the medium of baking (what better way?!).  Mona makes exquisite baklava, I made a Victoria Sponge, and after boasting that Estonian cakes are the best in the world, Kai made good her boast with an amazing confection of feather-light sponge, chocolate ganache and more than a hint of brandy.  It was utterly delicious and I don't regret sampling it for a minute but I would hazard a guess that it had many, many points!  Then I had lunch with a friend yesterday, and we shared a paella at La Tasca (delicious).  I also treated myself to a glass of sangria which made me feel very festive.  There have aso been a lot of chocolates hanging round the office, and an ever-present temptation to stuff my face in an unbridled orgy of Christmas consumption.  I have been resisting with grim determination...mostly.  Don't mention the Dairy Milk. 

So it was with some trepidation that I weighed in today - but I was very pleased to find that I've lost 1lbs!  9st 5lbs, BMI 22.2 and very happy about it.  It just goes to show that it's worth not giving into the "I've eaten something bad now so I might as well just carry on eating bad things" mentality (that I usually give into).  I am planning to have "normal" days until Christmas Eve, when the festivities are going to commence!


Photo is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment