Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

Maintenance Weeks Twenty-six, Twenty-seven and Twenty-eight

Well, I have stayed at or under my goal weight for more than twenty-six weeks now, otherwise known as six months! I'm really proud of myself and hope I can keep it up for a lot longer. Eating healthily and exercising has become a habit, although I'm well aware that what leads to me putting on weight is being under stress...all the more reason to live a simple, stress-free l Not much to report on the weight front, back down to 8st 9lbs, body fat somewhere in the region of 26% last time I measured it. I resolved that after my race I'd start circuit training twice a week to try and get it down a bit. I'd ideally like to be in the region of 20-24%, and also like to put on a bit of muscle. I finally got round to doing this this week, one session was a DIY one in my bedroom and the other was at the sports centre. I liked mine better! I think I'm exploring whole new realms of anti-sociability, I definitely like to be on my own when I exercise, with the exception of my training buddy Jules of course.
I was going to pair my increased strength training with a break from running before starting half-marathon training, and did indeed have a running break, during which I did two fantastic bike rides with Alastair. Bike-rides turn me into a highly efficient eating machine - I don't stop for two days afterwards (which is a great reason for doing bike-rides in my book!).
Last weekend we took the train to Northallerton and cycled back to Littletown, stopping at Yarm for lunch. It was a lovely ride - 46 miles (for some reason the man in the bike shop calibrated my bike computer in kilometers which makes it look a lot more impressve!) and I was sad when it was over, I wanted to do another 20 miles!









No comments:

Post a Comment