Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

Kitchen and Garden Update

I love this time of year, when kitchen and garden well and truly collide and produce from the garden is being used in the kitchen all the time. I have just been out to the garden, picked a courgette and roasted it to have with other roasted veg, feta cheese and wholewheat pasta for my supper! We haven't done all that much with the garden this year, but thanks to the weather we've had a brilliant season for fruit. Kilos of strawberries...
...rhubarb...

...blueberries.


We've also got a source of brambles, which is making me feel autumnal. Delicious with kiwi fruit and golden syrup in porridge!

In the back garden we've got peas, green beans, potatoes and giant monster courgettes!






We also enjoyed cauliflower and spring cabbage from the lovely Em's allotment, with which I made cauliflower and courgette cheese and goat's cheese and spring cabbage risotte, and 'tates, courgettes and green beans from Dad's garden which I made into an amazing curry.


No comments:

Post a Comment