Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunshine!

I haven't blogged about the garden much recently - largely because's nothing's been happening in it!  It's been so cold and miserable that all I've done apart from a a bit of tidying and weeding, is pot on some peas that Dad gave me and sow some courgette seeds (which I don't think will germinate, as I put them in the cold-frame, and then the next day the temperature went down to 7 degrees). 

I snapped some non-sunny photos the other morning to show what was going on in the front garden.



Given all the greyness and coldness and general lack of garden activity it was a big surprise when me, my camera and some sunshine found themselves in the garden at the same time this morning.  I grew these Colour-magic Geraniums from seed last year.  I was thrilled this morning to notice for the first time that they were being magic - purple and white flowers on the same plant!



The granny-bonnets are back.


And in the front garden we have apple-blossom...


...the first strawberry flower...


...alliums...


...and clematis montana.



Some people watched the sunshine from inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment