Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Spring in the Front Garden and King Rhubarb's First Crop

It's Spring!  I haven't blogged about the garden for months and months and months, due to the fact that it has mainly been a) snowing and b) bloody freezing, but all of a sudden Spring has crept in.  I can tell, because I took my coat off in the garden for the first time this year yesterday.  I was easing myself gently back into gardening by weeding and tidying the front garden.

Before...


After...




King Rhubarb also surprised us by emerging from the snow almost ready to crop.  Obligingly,  he produced a stunning first crop just in time for my parents visiting last week.




He made a rather tasty rhubarb strudel (my own recipe, dead easy, all you need is rhubarb, ginger if you like, breadcrumbs, ready-made puff pastry and icing sugar).


No comments:

Post a Comment