Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Maintenance Week Twelve

I'm a week behind myself, so I'm writing about week beginning Thursday 25th April, which is Maintenance Week Twelve, which means I have maintained my weight for three months!  I am chuffed. 

Apart from that it's been a quiet week.  I did a brilliant circuit training session on Thursday, I was in the mood to really go for it, and I felt absolutely exhilarated afterwards.  I'm becoming addicted to circuit training, and I like the way you can push yourself hard or take it easy depending on what you feel like.  I've got to be careful to keep off my knees though, as I can testify that they're still protesting a bit two weeks later!  My kindly circuit training teacher designs a special "no knees" circuit for me when necessary which is great. 

Alastair and I did a lovely walk on Saturday by way of celebrating our ninth wedding anniversary, and went out for lunch the following day too.  We also had a lovely meal with Mum and Dad on Tuesday night.  I cooked Moroccan Lamb Tagine and served it with cous cous, and it was absolutely delicious.  For pudding I made a rhubarb strudel with rhubarb from the garden, and we had much wine too!  In spite of that I fitted in a good run on Wednesday - 7k!  I am wondering if a hangover is a little-known performance-enhancing factor for runners?!

Anyway, after all the meals out and wine I was surprised to weigh in at 8st 11lbs on Thursday 2nd May, as I'd eaten all my daily and a lot of my weekly points and hadn't been trying to lose weight (possibly the first and only time in history that this will happen - I want to savour the moment!).  BMI 20.9, body fat percentage 25%.  I have to try and eat all my daily, weekly and activity points next week - looking forward to that!

Cauldron Snout Ninth Anniversary Walk









No comments:

Post a Comment