Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

BBC Good Food Recipe Review: White Chocolate and Raspbery Sponge

Oh.  My.  God.  This recipe was in the March BBC Good Food Magazine (not as yet on the website) and Alastair asked me to make it for him.  Being a good, obliging (and not at all self-interested) wife I did so and it was AMAZING.  Like a Victoria Sponge but BETTER.  And unbelievably easy to make.  Because of the raspberries it's lovely and fresh, and would make a perfect Easter cake (although I realise I'm posting this on Easter Monday so a bit late...do it next year!).



All you had to do do make it was melt some white chocolate...


...mix it into creamed butter and caster sugar...


...fold in the flour and raspberries and bake.


The filling - which elevated the whole experience into something akin to heaven - consisted of melted white chocolate mixed into whipped cream.  I did my usual trick of not whipping the cream enough so it all oozed out the sides of the cake, but as for the taste...there are no words!



No comments:

Post a Comment