Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

By Book or By Crook Recipe Review: Courgettes Stuffed with Spiced Lamb

By Book or By Crook is a very nice website which I discovered through one of my favourite bloggers, Cherry Menlove.  All the recipes look delicious, but I'd just snapped up three very reduced courgettes from Co-op, and my decision was made: Courgettes Stuffed with Spiced Lamb

It was a welcome departure from Winter cooking, as a) it wasn't a stew, b) it wasn't made with Winter vegetables (I love eating seasonally, but I am SO over celeriac...) and c) it was full of delicious Spring-like flavours.  It was easy to make, and very very tasty.  I shall defintely do this recipe again, and I'm looking forward to trying other recipes from this website.

Making the stuffed courgettes was very easy.


I mixed the lamb, red onions, tomato, mint, pine nuts and spices together - the smell was heavenly.  The spices were sweet and exotic and the mint was fresh and cool...bliss.  I happened to have some feta cheese hanging around in the fridge rapidly approaching its sell by date, and I added that too.  Lots of seasoning went in too.


Then I scraped out the middle of the courgettes with a teaspoon and snugged lamb mixture into its little beds.  The recipe said to then pour over 2tbsps olive oil, but to reduce the number of points in the dish I didn't (and it still ended up tasting delicious).


Whilst the stuffed courgettes were baking I made the mint yoghurt - 0% fat Greek yoghurt (still obsessed...), chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped mint, salt and pepper.


I served the baked courgettes very simply on a bed of rocket. 


They were AMAZING.  The lamb was sweet and spicy and fresh all at once, and the mint yoghurt was an amazng accompaniment, again very fresh tasting.  The rocket added a lovely kick.  I can't wait to have this again - it would be delicious with aubergine as well as courgette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment