Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

BBC Good Food Recipe Review: Mexican Chicken Stew

I decided to cook up a Mexican feast for my official birthday celebration meal - Mexican food is always exciting!  I'd had my eye on this Mexican Chicken Stew with Quinoa and Beans for some time and it didn't disappoint.  Another really easy, tasty dish from BBC Good Food.


All you had to do to make the dish was fry red onions and peppers ( I love the way Mexican food is always so colourful)...


...add chipotle paste (fortunately I tasted before adding, because the recipe said 3 tablespoons, and I only used 2 teaspoons and it still blew my little socks off!), tinned tomatoes and water...


...pop the chicken breasts in and simmer for 20 minutes or so.

While the stew was simmering I put the quinoa on to boil (add the pinto beans at the last minute) and made guacamole!




I was a bit too over-excited by the time the stew was ready to take any photos, but the recipe made three more portions for the freezer which was a big bonus as it was delicious - spicy, tasty and fresh thanks to the coriander and lime.  And the quinoa and pinto beans added a lovely earthy dimension.  I look forward to eating this again!



Pudding was a nice cup of tea and a home-made chocolate brownie, which was part of an amazing birthday gift from a lovely and generous friend.  It was pure perfection!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment