Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Weight Watchers: the Twenty-fifth Week

I predicted a weight loss of 1lb this week.  There were three reasons for this.  Firstly, I ate more extravagant meals than usual.  There was my splendiferous Congregation treat, a Sunday dinner featuring this delicious butter-and-cheese laden dish, the office post-Christmas lunch (a pasta treat, courtesy of the venerable De Medici's in Durham) and a lunch with a friend in one of the Colleges - a rather good aubergine and butternut squash curry which I was impressed by.  Secondly, due to the snow, I've done hardly any exercise (although I did manage to get to a really good Body Tone class).  Thirdly, we've had sub-zero-temperatures this week and they've made me hungry!   Noticeably more hungry than usual, although given the fact that I spend most of my time sitting in a centrally headed house or office I couldn't really eat any more than usual (unfortunately).  Anyway, I was right!  9st 2lbs - only 2lbs to go 'til goal weight!

Snow...


...snow antidote: porridge with maple syrup, kiwi fruit, blueberries and pomegranate seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment