Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

Weight Watchers: the Twenty-seventh Week

Official post-lunch weight on Thursday: 9st 1lbs (no matter how much I tried to levitate off the scales to bring it down to 9st 0lbs).  So near yet so far!  I am keen to get onto the "Maintenance" phase of Weight Watchers, as it involves eating more! 

On the plus side, the snow has gone and the exercise situation has vastly improved.  Cycled to work twice this week (yesterday was too windy), did a Body Tone class and also did Circuit Training for the first time yesterday (albeit a special needs version as I couldn't do any of the leg exercises as my knees were sore from Body Tone).  The instructor very kindly said that it was a class "for all ability levels" so she was happy to provide me with alternative exercises...okay...thanks, I think!  I enjoyed Circuit Training, although it was frustrating not to be able to keep my heart-rate up as much as if I'd been doing the non special-needs version.  It was a fantastic arm and core workout though.  I also did an unplanned hour-long walk in the dark afterwards, thanks to a footpath between the leisure centre and the car park which seemed an awful lot longer in the dark, especially when it was blocked by two giant trees and I had to go all the way back to where I'd started and then walk back to the car the long way! 

Anyway, I'm hoping that the scales read the right weight next Thursday so I can move into Maintenance...not to mention have a little celebration!  Not necessarily with coffee, but here's a picture of coffee...just because it's one of my very favourite things!



No comments:

Post a Comment