Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Maintenance Week One

I picked a good week to reach my goal weight.  I went to see my lovely friend Nikki in her new house on Friday night and she fed me all manner of Mediterranean deliciousness...warm pitta breads, houmous, tzatziki, olives, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, roast peppers in olive oil, falafel, parma ham...I was in heaven.  I also cooked for my very special Mum and Dad on the Saturday and, as well as Cumin-spiced Carrot and Butternut Squash Soup (a BBC Good Food recipe which I bizarrely can't find on their website) and Game Stew (my own recipe) there was Delia's Apple and Almond Bake (I take back everything I have said about Delia - it was divine) and cream.  And wine, and home-made chocolate truffles.  Tee hee. 

As a result of my treats, I not only ate every last one of my 32 daily points, but also most of my 49 weekly points.  I felt like I'd eaten an enormous amount of delicious food - not just the treats but on a daily basis too - and was convinced that I'd put on weight, but according to the official weigh-in...no change, either to weight or body fat percentage.  To say I was thrilled was an understatement!

I leave you with some scenes from a special sunny weekend - isn't it amazing to see the sun again?!

Early morning sunrise/rainbow on Saturday morning.



Sunshine!  And the table laid with flowers for Mum and Dad.


Sunday morning...


...Sunday lunch...


..Sunday baking (recipe to follow!).


Sunshiny cat.



No comments:

Post a Comment