Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

Weight Watchers: the Fourteenth Week

No weight loss this week, which I was expecting as I'd been out for a meal the night before I weighed in (it was worth every single point and more!), but some interesting statistics.  When I started Weight Watchers, I was 10st 11lbs, my BMI was 25.9 and my Body Fat Percentage was 36%.  As of Friday, I was 9st 10lbs. my BMI was 22.9 and my body fat was 29.1%.  I'm most pleased with the reduction in my body fat percentage (and relieved that the majority of my weight loss has been fat, I would have been very traumatised indeed if I'd lost 10% of my body weight and kept the same body fat percentage!).  My goal health-wise is to get my body fat percentage down to 25% which is "excellent" for a lady of my age.  I think I'm going to have to start doing weights (boring, and I don't want to join a gym) or some other kind of resistance-based exercise to get there...any ideas?


Photo is from here.

I did start Pilates this week though, as I've been meaning to do for ages.  It was lovely - very good for stress relief and a brilliant break in the middle of the working day.  The muscles in my sides and in my stomach ached the next day too, so hopefully it will tone those areas up a bit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment