Pages

Sunday 11 November 2012

Weight Watchers: the Fifteenth Week

9st 8lbs!  And very pleased with myself.  Especially as the dark nights are causing me to seriously crave carbohydrates.  I'm attempting - so far successfully - to counter these cravings with delicious Autumnal soups and stews.  I made a particularly tasty Game Stew last week with a pack of mixed game from Tesco, a couple of onions, a few sticks of celery, a small swede, a rather large and splendid parsnip and two carrots.  Nothing else apart from olive oil to sweat the veg in, a sprinkling of flour, seasoning and a beef stock cube, and it was absolutely gorgeous - warming, filling, full of lovely robust flavours and only three Weight Watchers points per portion (okay, it was a Hunt-the-Game Stew).   

I have to call a halt to all this virtuousness though - I'm about to embark upon a week's holiday filled with many edible treats, so I'm expecting to be back into double figures when I next weigh in.  At least I can look forward to getting back on the stew for a week of weight loss thereafter!


Photo is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment