Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Weight Watchers: the Tenth Week

I have got behind with blogging recently - I weigh-in again tomorrow and I'm only just getting round to blogging about last week's weigh-in!  It was all a bit out-of-order last week - literally in the case of the scales in Boots in Durham, which I always weigh myself on.  This was a bit of a trauma, as I'd taken an extra-long lunch in order to walk into town, weigh myself and then have an eating-out treat.  Undaunted, I decided to treat myself anyway, and had an amazing Mediterranean blow-out in Ciao Ciao in Durham.  This gorgeous little bakery/deli serves amazing (and ginormous) Mediterranean-themed sandwiches, plus salads, soups and portions of beautiful home-made lasagne and moussaka.  And superb Greek-style pastries...in particular the wonder that is baklava (of which more later).  I treated myself to a houmous and roasted vegetable sandwich, a coffee and a piece of baklava.  And it was all amazing.  The baklava in particular was delicious - honeyed, nutty and cinnamon-y.  It went perfectly with the - very good - coffee and was such a treat.  If you're in Durham I heartily recommend Ciao Ciao - although don't go there often  if you're trying to lose weight - the sandwich and the baklava set me back the equivalent of a day's food!


Photo is from Ciao Ciao's website.

Anyway, the weigh-in - at the Boots on the retail park on the way home.  9st 13lbs!  Before I celebrate too wildly, I didn't feel like it had been a 2lbs weight-loss week, so it might just have been down to different scales, but we'll see.  It will be much more convenient to use the Boots on the way home from now on, so I shall carry on weighing-in there, and if the numbers keep going down it won't matter if the scales are different.  If you see what I mean. 

I don't think I will have lost weight this week though...there was the Mediterranean blow-out, then I made a delicious Chicken, Leek and Tarragon pie for Alastair on Sunday to eat throughout the week, and it ended up being so huge (and awesomely delicious, I'll have to blog about when I next make one) that I've been eating it too...full-fat food!  And the full-fat food has been much appreciated, as it's now really cold in the mornings - this morning was a gorgeous crispy-cold, frost-on-the-ground, pink-and-gold-sunrise morning - and cycling in the cold makes me RAVENOUS!  I've been eating so many snacks!  I'll have to up my fruit and low-pointed carb intake to compensate in future...hmm, the challenges of winter Weight Watching.  It's very different from in summer that's for sure.  Anyway...more news very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment