Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

Our Garden

It is surprisingly difficult to think what to write when you are faced with a blank computer screen, not to mention the paralysing knowledge that ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD could look at what you have written.  Not that I think many people will be interested in my gardening blog, but still.  

Anyway, I have just written my third post and find myself becoming rather more eloquent, so I am re-writing this, my first post.  I introduced my garden for the first time by saying "our garden is a small, scruffy garden in County Durham, England".  And indeed it is.  I would love to be one of those people who have that knack for making their homes and gardens look polished and beautiful, but alas, I lack any kind of aesthetic sense and/or design ability whatsoever with the result that our garden is rather haphazardly landscaped.  And our lawn is an evil, weed strewn waste...grr.

You can see some photos of my flower garden on my facebook page- you'll see what I mean.  However, I love pottering about in my garden (when it's warm, I am a warm-weather gardener and whimper, whinge and sulk if forced outside in the cold) and love the beauty of flowers and the excitement of growing and eating veg.

We share our garden with various furry, prickly and feathery residents. 







Here are some of the things that we grew last year.







2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via the Cherry Menlove website and browsing through found it very interesting. I too love gardening and blog about our home in West Sussex, I am now following you (think it's quite hard to get new followers) you may be interesting in my blog www.paulineshome.blogspot.com
    Happy gardening/blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pauline

    Oh my goodness, you are the very first person who I don't know in real life to comment on my blog! I am so excited! Thank you so much! It's very kind of you to say you find my blog interesting, and I will most certainly have a look at yours.

    Best wishes,
    Liz.

    ReplyDelete