Pages

Saturday 18 February 2012

Conifers


There isn't much to do by way of planting at the moment (this was earlier in February, just before it snowed), so we made a start on clearing the conifers between our garden and Yvonne's garden.


Or, to be strictly accurate, Alastair and John did.



 I helped by carrying branches to the trailer.


We are planning to replace the conifers with edible hedging (Dad's idea) which we hope will encourage wildlife.

Readers should know that we have great plans for our garden, but are not so good at getting around to doing things.  Alastair is very good, but I grumble if he does things without me as I like to be involved in new projects, and I tend to be very tired at the weekends and to spend far too much time sleeping.  One of the reasons for setting up this blog is to encourage me to do things in the garden!

As it wasn't a nice day, there was no feline assistance with our conifering.



No comments:

Post a Comment