Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Food and Exercise Round-up (week 48)

The Stats

15th January 2014

Weight:  8st 9lbs
BMI:  211
BFP:  24.3%

The Food

None of note, as I've been practising post-Christmas abstemiousness!

The Exercise

Starting on Monday 6th January I had a seriously good week exercise-wise.  I did what I call a full house - I cycled to work every day, I ran twice, I Cross Fitted once and I did a long walk (20+ miles).  Noteworthy at any time of year, almost unheard of in January.  I am loving the mild weather after the past two winters.

My Tuesday run was a nice threshold session with my new running buddy - a work colleague who's much faster than I am but who's training for a marathon and needs to practice running at marathon pace.  It works out perfectly for both of us as her pace is a threshold pace for me (she's not very good at running slowly at marathon pace yet!), and it's good fun running with a friend.





My Thursday run was a solo 5k which I sneaked in in just under 30 minutes - I started off trying to practice running 10 minute miles - my target half-marathon pace but got bored with that about half-way through and started running for speed!



Alastair and I did a wonderful walk on Sunday.  We started with an absolutely heavenly caftiere of coffee at the lovely Burgoyne Hotel in Reeth.




We walked over the top to Bolton Castle in bright sunshine, stopping at a very handy lunch stop on the way.

 








The battery in my phone ran out after Bolton Castle so, to my great regret, I didn't get any photos of the truly spectacular sunset we were treated to.  It was a stunning, rose-pink and gold sunset that turned the sere grass of the moors a beautiful, otherworldly pink, and although the sun itself was liquid gold right until the moment it dipped below the horizon the sky turned a dramatic scarlet before fading into twilight.  It was truly breathtaking.  We did the last couple of hours of our walk under a sky of the deepest black chipped with such bright stars - it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment