Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Maintenance Weeks Eighteen and Nineteen

Two pleasant but largely unremarkable weeks to report...I wasn't trying to be particularly abstemious last week, but didn't eat all of my weekly points or activity points and weighed in at 8st 10lbs last Wednesday evening(BMI 21.2, body fat 29.5%).  I was on a mission to build myself up this week (made a good start on Thursday lunchtime by having the chocolate and toffee tart for pudding when I met a friend in La Tasca!) but still weighed in at 8st 10lbs this evening (BMI 21.1, body fat 26.4%).  I am actually trying to put weight on in the form of muscle but on the grounds that I only strengh train once a week it's not really happening...I am starting to look more muscly to myself though which is good (not too muscly though, I don't want to look like a body-builder!). 

I've had a couple of good runs in the past couple of weeks - I did a gloriously sunny 5-miler after work last Tuesday, followed by a gorgeous sit in the evening sun on the village green - it was bliss.



In other news we looked after a neighbour's hens and had the most amazing fresh eggs all week.  I made a truly magnificent frittata.  Loosely adapted from a BBC Good Food recipe, it had six fresh eggs, new potatoes, smoked bacon lardons, cherry tomatoes, peas, parsley and chives from the garden, Cheddar...and it was fried in 20g of salted Normandy butter!  Heaven on a plate!


No comments:

Post a Comment