Pages

Friday 6 July 2012

A Sunny Post

As promised, a sunny post!  The sun came out yesterday afternoon so I snapped some photos.  The garden has changed so much in just the few days I've been away.  In the flower border the pink geraniums are flourishing.


The purple ones aren't doing quite so well, but are making nice little splashes of darker colour against the pink.


Campanula Elizabeth is in flower.


Both lupins are out.


The flower border doesn't look bad.


The cat was out too, pretending that he was a big lion on the savannah.


In the veg bed, the broad beans seem to have have grown several inches since I last saw them, and have podded!



In the front garden, all is green and leafy.



One of the potato plants is in flower!


And the strawberries are fruiting like mad - little red gems glowing amidst the green leaves. 



2 comments:

  1. Aw you're ever so good with your garden! I'm frightened of mine - its well established (seriously) and so beyond mowing the lawn and trimming things back a bit - I darent do anything to it in case I murder everything by accident! I love your house - reminds me of a old friend of mine's - many happy sunny afternoons and tipsy evenings spent there. I've lost touch with her now (shame) hey ho... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! Well done! And isn't it WONDERFUL to have had a lovely sunny day in the midst of all the rain. How lovely to have a flower with the same name as you, my darling :) Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete