Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

The Veg Patch Takes Shape

After an inauspiciously grey beginning, we had sunshine this afternoon.  The cats loved it - as did I!




I forked fertiliser into the other half of the potato patch for my maincrop 'tates - you can see the brilliant new fence Alastair's building in this photo.


I also planted the courgettes and the cauliflowers out - they look so small and defenceless!




The remaining courgettes got put into individual large pots to be taken down to Mum and Dad.  In the front garden I direct-sowed some spinach into my salad bed - pausing to admire the splendidness of my herbs -


and lifted my red tulips, which are finally over, having given me so much pleasure.  I then direct-sowed some Love-in-a-Mist into the pot.  My last tulips are out, and are beautiful.  Some are a creamy white, and one is pure white with a purple inside.



My ceanothus is also in flower for the first time - very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment