Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Food and Exercise Round-up

I haven't blogged for ages!  Somewhere in the past few weeks - I don't think my weekly logging has always been spot-on - it's been my Weight Watchers 1 year anniversary - a year since I reached my goal weight.  I'm really pleased with myself.

The Stats

Wednesday 5th February 

Weight: 8st 9lbs
BMI:  20.7
BFP:  24.4%

Wednesday 12th February

Weight:  8st 9lbs
BMI:  20.7
BFP:  35.5 (!)

Wednesday 19th February 
Weight:  8st 8lbs
BMI:  20.6
BFP:  24.7%

Wednesday 26th February 

Weight:  8st 10lbs
BMI:  21.0
BFP:  23.7%

The Food

None of note, just the usual...although I did bake!

Sticky Stem Ginger Cake


And baked lemon and sultana cheesecake from an old recipe book.


The ginger cake was particularly delicious, it was quite an unusual recipe in that there was a lot of liquid in the mix (black treacle, golden syrup and milk) and the cake mix was actually a batter.  It made what was essentially a ginger-flavoured brownie - very moist and squidgy, with a real deep warm kick of ginger from the stem ginger.  The office was very happy with that one!

I had a meal out a Pizza Express with a friend one lunchtime, and I have to say that I was disappointed.  You don't get much for your money or your calories - although I do like the idea of the mini-puddings with coffee.  We had chocolate fudge cake!


It was okay (a bit dry) but I have to say that I could have made better myself.  I am starting to be seriously hard to please when I go out!

The Exercise

Again, much as usual...I decided to add in some hill/speed work to my running schedule and did a killer session one lunchtime.  In spite of the fact that there were serious hills I logged my fastest recorded mile and my fastest recorded 5k (which I can't get the app on my phone to show to post on here).  It was BRILLIANT (in a near-death-experience kind of way!).  However, my knees were very sore afterwards and the niggle in my left thigh came back also - I'd say the knees took about three weeks to recover.  I was not impressed and am hoping that they recover quicker after the next session.  I love hill/speed sessions and hope that I don't have to limit them too much.

Alastair and I have been on some lovely walks.  One in particular in Teesdale was gorgeous - a long cold walk followed by afternoon tea in the gorgeous Rose and Crown at Romaldkirk.  There was a wood-burning stove and the tea came with home-baked chocolate chip cookies!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment