Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Food and Exercise Round-up (week 46)

The Stats

31st December 2013

Weight:  8st 13lbs
BMI:  21.4
BFP:  27.2%

The Food

It was Christmas!  It feels like an absolute age ago now, and I'm really enjoying looking back on the holiday period as I write this.  I had an absolutely wonderful Christmas with Alastair and my Mum and Dad allthough it went way too quickly.  I ate, drank and was merry without let, hindrance or restraint and enjoyed every mouthful.  Notable highlights included turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pud not once but twice, once at Alastair's Mam's and once at my parents', a splendid venison stew, the best lemon drizzle cake I've ever tasted made by Dad and eaten as a pudding with ice-cream, home-made sausage rolls and pork-pie (also made by Dad), my Mum's delicious Christmas cake and lots and lots of cold turkey with pickles and Dad's home-made bread and butter.  And I had lots of delicious little nut and chocolate gifts amongst my Christmas pressies which I thoroughly enjoyed.

The Exercise

I decided to eat whatever I wanted over Christmas, but to keep exercising.  And I thoroughly enjoyed both.  Alastair and I did a lovely walk at Seaton Carew on Christmas Eve.








We also got out to Swaledale between Christmas and the New Year and did a fantastic fifteen miles.



As for the other exercise I did over Christmas...I had a new toy!




I got a Garmin for Christmas from Mum and Dad!  I can't say enough good things about it - it's more accurate than Run Keeper and it's brilliant not having to run carrying my phone.  The data's amazing - the screen-shots above are from the app I've got on my phone, as they're more suitable for pasting into here, but the data you get on the computer is fantastic.  As you can see from the splits above my first post-turkey-and-Christmas-pud mile was hard, but I soon got warmed up and enjoyed steaming along the flat Nottinghamshire roads.

I enjoyed it so much I did it again the next day!




I said goodbye to 2013 in the most civilised way possible - it's been a brilliant year, let's hope 2014 is even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment