Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

Food and Exercise Round-up (Week 31)

The Stats

Weight: 8st 10lb (55.5kg)
BMI: 20.9
BFP: 26.4%

The Food

Still 8st 10lbs this week, but I don't mind as I went to my lovely friend Em's on Tuesday evening and had the most amazing meal.  I ate until I felt like I was going to pop!  Em served chicken roasted with herbs and spices under the skin, home-made walnut and pistachio flatbreads and the most delicious salad made with griddled aubergines and carrots, olives and pomegrante seeds.  And probably a whole lot of other delicious things too, but she'd poured nearly a bottle of white wine down my throat by the time we sat down to dinner so it was all just a blur of gustatory gorgeousness.  One thing that I did notice - Em served the meal with a platter of houmous, tzatsiki, walnuts, feta cheese and olives, and houmous and walnuts are the most divine flavour combination.  It was a truly stunning meal, and we had a very fun tipsy walk home afterwards.

The Exercise

None!  Not a sausage!  Not running or strength training anyway - I felt quite tired all week and like I had a cold coming on, so I took it easy.  I just cycled to and from work and walked home from Em's.  And on Friday Autumn arrived, and I put my cycling jacket on for the first time in months.


It poured with rain all day and I got soaked both on the way to and the way back from work.  A hot shower and a sizeable whisky, honey and hot lemon when I got home kept the cold at bay though!

No comments:

Post a Comment